02 April 2011

FCT #10: lonsdale street roasters

Yes!!! I've found it!!! Canberra's coffee spot!!!

(Well, to be honest, AZ found it and very generously shared it this morning.)

Lonsdale Street Roasters rocks! A fact that is pretty evident from a) my overuse of exclamation marks, and b) its hugely busy state on both of our two visits. Uh-huh, the coffee was so good that I made AZ take me back for a second cup!

We were there pretty early by weekend brekky standards and I don't think one table was free for more than a moment. And why would one be? The coffee was the best I've had in the Can so far, and the brekky menu was simple and delicious. We went halvsies on paninis - green eggs and ham plus scrambled egg, roast tomato and Kevin Bacon. Yummo. 

The style of the space is hard to define. Industrial-slash-bike nerd? Lots of nice touches and I particularly liked the homemade bench cushions and magnetic menu. 

We ended up with a great view of the brekky changeover, as the full glory of the many morning cyclists gave way to the first ebb of the cool kids crowd. I wish my photo was a) better, and b) captured the incredible line up of lycra clad bums that paraded before us when we first arrived. Usually that much cling wrap would be enough to put me off my brekky, but not today!

-------------------------- 
Lonsdale Street Roasters
7 Lonsdale Street, Braddon 
T: 02 6156 0975
--------------------------  

1 comment:

  1. I like the look of the mugs. They look like a great size.

    ReplyDelete