22 March 2011

FCT #7: scones amongst the roses


Poor lonely little blog. I'm not finding much time to write but am hardly surprising myself, given everything that's going on right now. The last nine-ish days have been huge. Huuuuuuuuge week - getting the perfect new job, starting my first pre-service teaching placement, bashing out three assessments. Even huuuuuuuuger weekend - time with my gorgeous girls Gin and Smokey, about ten Favourite Canberra Things achieved but in no way documented, a little bitta lovin, a little bitta emotional fallout, roller derby madness, much-needed hugs.

I've been in recovery mode for the last two days. Trying to pare it all back again. Getting back on the study horse one textbook chapter at a time. Finding moments of sanity in cleaning the bathroom and writing up placement notes. Practicing choir parts at the top of my lungs. Finding my feet and sucking my muscles towards my bones at yoga.

(Deep breath in. Deep breath out.)

Jo brought a batch of fresh scones to uni today, and we ate them in the rose garden with Alissa's homemade rhubarb and apple jam. We had spent two hours grappling with maths, aided by our wonderful teacher and her unifix blocks. And then there we were amongst the roses, the sun peeking out from behind the clouds at last. Sunshine, scones and solidarity. There was no avoiding the most obvious of thoughts: I am so fucking lucky.

No comments:

Post a Comment