06 May 2012

FCT #29: letting go (part two)

I was wandering the neighbourhood tonight - scrunching through autumn leaves, inhaling the delicious smells of woodsmoke and other people's dinners, revelling in the super moon - when I realised that I was filled to the brim with sadness. Not a big loud sadness, but a quiet, contemplative sadness. A moving on kind of sadness I guess.

The good news is that I'm holding up okay in the face of that sadness. I thank my lucky stars for this week's blessings...

  • Lulu, who sees me through it all and is coming to visit next weekend. Yippee!
  • Miss B, my favourite teenager and movie partner. So far we've covered The Big Lebowski, Dirty Dancing and The Breakfast Club. We laughed, we cried, we sang, we danced, we compared Judd Nelson to Patrick Swayze, I got called a dork innumerable times, B admitted that today's teen movies are crap. How lucky am I to have my very own 15 year old?!
  • Holl, who visited Canberra unexpectedly this week and took me out for tea. As always she was a breath of fresh air and sunshine. She reminded me just how much goodness is out there and helped me to feel like some of it is out there especially for me.
  • An unexpected nachos party yesterday with M, P, M and friends. An actual social occasion. Chatting to interesting people. Peanut butter Lindt balls courtesy of P's Costco habit. Sooooooo nice.
  • A new baby Calista for B and J. Callistemons are one of my favourite flowers and I'm sure she will be one of my favourite babies!
  • Songs - happy and sad but perhaps leaning to the sad side. Too much Joni Mitchell. But after all, I am on a lonely road and I am travelling, looking for the key to set me free. Thanks Joni! Some rememberance grooving to old Beasties in honour of MCA. A great human being gone way too soon.
  • Stitching - keeping me sane and holding me together when it all gets a bit too much.
Lots of lucky stars there. And only 107.3 days of letting go to go.

No comments:

Post a Comment